As a grassroots effort, we are counting on you to determine how to implement the purposes of the initiative in your particular context, and to share what you have done with other advocates. As you set out on this journey you might:
- Follow this guide to expand “God’s Work. Our Hands.” from a day of service to a two-month emphasis to equip the saints.
- Visit the resources and ideas pages on this site
- Reflect on how you live out your baptismal vocation in daily life
- Start a conversation with people in your life or in your congregation
- Read a book or watch a video (see Select Learning for both books and videos)
- Start a study group in your congregation
- Record faith in daily life stories and publish them on Storycorps
- Take an online course
- Incorporate ministry in daily life discussion in your Bible conversations
- Study and sponsor the Life of Faith model resolution in your synod or congregation
- Explore lay school participation
- Experiment! Take an idea and run with it. Then share it with other Life of Faith proponents.
Download a Primer (in PDF) that contains all of this information. It’s printable, or it can be downloaded and attached to an email so that you can share the Initiative’s purpose with others.
Download a flyer (in PDF) that is a condensed version designed to be shared with others. If you would like to print this flyer download this version. (Print this image on both sides of 8.5×11″ paper, then cut in half to make a double-sided, 8.5×5.5″ flyer.)
Right-click to download any of the above files to your computer.
Follow the Life of Faith Initiative on Facebook.